Title: Lecturer and Academic Coordinator of Central Department of Rural Development
Name: Prajwal Man Pradhan
Address: Kirtipur Municipality-9, Kathmandu, Nepal
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Academic Degree: M.A. in Rural Development from Central Department of Rural Development(TU)
- 2011 to date: Lecturer, Central Department of Rural Development, Tribhuvan University (TU), Nepal
- 2005 to 2011: Teaching Assistant, Ratna Rajya Laxmi Campus, Tribhuvan University (TU), Nepal
Research and Publications:
- A Review on Performance Based Grants System of Local Government in Nepal : A Case of Kathmandu Metropolitan City-2015
- Role of Community Forestry Governance in Rural Development of Nepal-2067(RR Campus Journal)
- Managing for Development Results: Challenges to implement in Nepal-2066(Unmesh Smarika)
- Bikas kaska lagi? Kasle garne?-2065(Forever Blooming)
- Bikas ma Saamajik Sagh-Sanstha ra Yuwa haruko Bhumika-2064(Yuwa-Aawaj Smarika)
- Aba ko Nikas Shanti ra Grameen Bikas-2060(Biswadeep Weekly Paper)
- Research on “Solid waste management” in Kirtipur Municipality and Sanga VDC.
- Research Report on “Drinking Water System in Kirtipur Municipality”
- Dissertation on Role of Rural Tourism in Rural Development of Nepal : A Case-Study of Changunarayan VDC, Bhaktapur.
- Writing articles on Community Development and Rural Development issues
- Winner of “Youth Development Partnership 2006” a national competition programmed by Association of Youth Organization of Nepal (AYON)/Poverty Alleviation Strategy Source Centre /World Bank
- “Statistical Methods Using R”(10 days) jointly organized by TU and TPE China on November 2016.
- “Training of Trainer on Social Accountability and its tools”(5 days) jointly organized by SALGP and Central Department of Rural Development funded by SDC on June 1-5,2016.
- “Community Based Disaster Risk Management and Mass Casualty Management” organized by Lumanti and Supported by OXFAM GB on June 27-28,2014.
- “First Aid, Psychological First Aid and Light Search and Rescue” organized by NRCS and supported by Save the Children on January 9-14,2014.
- “Statistical Package for Social Sciences(SPSS)”(12 days) from Bristol Training Institute from 1 August to 12 August 2009
- “Strategic and Operation Planning” (6 days) funded by Skill for Employment Project, ADB and jointly organized by Management Association of Nepal(MAN) and Project Research and Management Associates Pvt. Ltd.(PRAM) on 29th July to 3rd August,2009.
- “Research Methodology Training/Workshop” (7 days) organized by Tikapur Multiple Campus and funded by University Grant Commission on July, 2008.
- “South- Asia Emergency Management Training” organized by Caritas and Adra Nepal on 2007 (2 days).
- “Basic Disaster Management Training“(3 days) organized by Kirtipur Volunteer Society and funded by Lutheran World Federation (LWF)
- Workshop on “Gender and Disaster” organized by UNFPA( 1 day)
- “Computer Training” from National Web College (An Institute) from 15 Nov 2001 to 15 Feb 2001 (3 months).
- “Training on Project Management and Proposal Writing” organized by SOSTIC (An Institute) on 2005 (15 days).
- “Training on Master of Ceremony” organized by JGO, Nepal (A Social Organization) from 19 Feb to 13 March, 2002 (4 weeks))
- “Basic Journalism Training“, organized by LAKASA (a weekly newspaper) from 01-07 June, 2002 (7 days)
- “Leadership and Development Management Programme” organized by Prayas Nepal and Facilitated by Pragya Management Group (3 days)
- “Training for Trainers (TOT)” organized by SOSTIC (An Institute) on 2007 (3 days).
- “Training on Puxin Biogas Technology” organized by Experts from Centre for Energy Studies(3 days)
Affilated Professional Organisations:
- Resilient Nepal
- Kirtipur Volunteer Society
DURATION :From April 2005 to till date
POSITION HELD :From Volunteer to Life Member, Executive Member, Secretary, Vice-President, President and Now IPP
Organisation :Kirtipur Volunteer Society (Youth based Humanitarian Organization)
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Planning, managing, implementing, monitoring, evaluating and report writing of different programmes, projects, activities
- Managing and conduct trainings, workshops, seminars, orientation, awareness, field visits, volunteers mobilization on different programmes i.e. Educational, Health, Disaster Management, Youth Capacity Building, Institutional Development, Community Development (Educational Expo & Counseling, Career Hunt, Book Donation, Scholarship, Health Camp, Disaster Management, First Aid, Beautician, House Wiring, Driving, Project Management, Water Week, Public Security Reform, Solid Waste Management, Development Information Center etc)
- Training for Elected Local bodies, NGOs, School Principals, Community People and Women Groups on Local Governance, Disaster Risk Reduction, Community Development, Proposal and report writing etc.
- Dr. Puspha Kamal Subedi
Head of Department
Central Department of Rural Development
Mobile No: 9851129665
- Dr. Prem Sharma
Former Head of Department
Central Department of Rural Development
Mobile No: 9851190830