The Central Department of Rural Development (CDRD focuses on the following activities with a view to enhancing and strengthen sound academic environment:
- Work in coordination with GOs, NGOs and INGOs in different development sectors.
- Establish academic linkage with national and international Universities and Institutions for exchange programs.
- Organize talk programs, seminars and symposia on regular basis.
- Develop the existing library into a resource center.
- Conduct a research on rural development themes and disseminate knowledge among concerned RD stakeholders.
- Publish an academic Journal on regular basis (Nepalese Journal of Development and Rural Studies) and newsletters.